Novell is pleased to announce that they will be starting the ZENworks 11SP4 Beta program at the end of March 2015. This important release focuses on some key pain points that they have heard from their existing customer base.
- Simplified management of ZENworks certificate authorities and SSL certificates
- New agent updater that provides more robust upgrade and repair capabilities
- Improved remote management software based on TightVNC 2.7.x that addresses a number of reliability and performance issues
- An improved software appliance that can be hosted on most common hypervisors and offers an improved migration, update and management experience
- Updated ZENworks Reporting software that offers a number of performance improvements, timeline charts, and much more.
- Leverage ZENworks Asset Management to monitor license compliance of Open Enterprise Server and Novell GroupWise
- Support for different reconciliation settings per registration rule or registration key
Additionally there are a number of other small enhancements that have been requested by a number of you over the years.
Novell expects ZENworks 11SP4 to ship mid-year and needs your help to ensure a high quality release that meets your needs. If you are interested in participating in this beta here is what you can do:
- Install or upgrade the ZENworks appliance or another Primary Server in your lab environment
- Install or upgrade agents in your lab environment
- Complete a set of canned beta scenarios
- Provide feedback using Novell Vibe
- Participate in a weekly beta call to discuss your findings
If you are interested send an email directly to jblackett @ novell.com. Novell will send out appointments for the beta calls by March 20, 2015. If you have other ZENworks users that you believe would benefit from these capabilities that would be interested in participating, please feel free to pass along a link to this article.